- 8 oz PAOW!™ Pieces
- 6 cups of Vegetable stock
- 3 cups of sliced leeks
- 3 cups of diced potatoes
- salt to taste (roughly 1/2 tsp)
- 1 cup of your favorite plant-based “milk”
- salt & white pepper to taste
- Minced chives to decorate
PAOW! Bacon Pieces
- 4 oz PAOW! Pieces chopped into small pieces
- 2 tbsp. low sodium tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. liquid smoke
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Pre-Heat oven to 225
- Place all ingredients for the PAOW! Bacon Pieces (except the PAOW! Pieces, in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Then add the 4oz PAOW! Pieces once the mixture starts to boil again, remove from heat.
- Stir until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spread PAOW! bacon bits out evenly on baking sheet and place in oven.
- Cook for just a couple minutes then shake so the PAOW! bacon bits will cook evenly. Repeat until the bacon bits are crispy.
- In the meantime, in a large stock pot simmer together the vegetable stock, leeks, potatoes, 4oz of the PAOW! ™ Pieces and salt for roughly 30-40 minutes until the potatoes, leeks and PAOW! Pieces become tender.
- Puree the soup with a blender, food processor or emersion blender. Then add your favorite milk, season to taste.
- Once the soup is blended refrigerate for about 30 minutes, then its ready to serve.
- Place the soup in bowls and top with PAOW! Bacon Pieces
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 60 mins