2 cups PAOW Pieces or Light Pieces
1 tsp extra light olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1 large jalapeño, seeded and ribs removed, diced
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 tablespoons southwest seasoning
1 (28 ounce) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
1 cup corn
1 (15 ounce) can of pinto beans, pureed with liquids
1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
Juice of 1/2 a lime
Tortilla strips or chips
- In a large creuset, add the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, minced garlic with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Stir and cook on medium-low heat until the vegetables are tender and onions are golden in spots.
- Cook about 8 minutes and add 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning, stir, and cook 1 minute.
- Add the crushed fire-roasted tomatoes, PAOW, sweet corn, and black beans.
- Pour in 1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth and the pureed pinto beans to the soup and stir to combine.
- Cover and bring the soup to a low boil. Reduce to medium-low, simmering for 25-30 minutes
- Squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and season with kosher salt to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with sliced avocado, cilantro, and tortilla strips