1 cup PAOW! Pieces
¼ cup canola oil divided
4 cups napa cabbage sliced thinly
1 cloves garlic minced
1 8 oz bag carrots, matchbook sticks
8 ounces bamboo shoots sliced thinly
2 tablespoons mirin
1/8 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons cornstarch
14 8″ square spring roll wrappers
Canola oil for frying
- Add half the canola oil to a large, heavy skillet on medium-high heat and add in the PAOW and sauté for 3 mins. Add the napa cabbage, cooking 8-10 minutes while stirring until almost all the liquid it releases has cooked off.
- Add in the garlic, carrots and bamboo shoots and cook for 1 minute while stirring before adding in the mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil and stirring again then let filling cool completely.
- Mix the cornstarch with two tbsp of water
- Lay out the spring roll wrapper, brush cornstarch slurry around the edges to moisten and add about 2 tablespoons of filling in a long rectangle shape, folding in from the sides and rolling the wrappers closed tightly.
- Heat 3 inches of oil in a stockpot on medium heat and fry the spring rolls until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes).