2 cups PAOW pieces
4 cups long-grain white rice, cooked, cold
2 tbsp butter
2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
3 tablespoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
2 medium carrots, small dice
1 small onion, small dice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 eggs, beaten
4 eggs, sunny side up
2 scallions, sliced
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter into a large skillet and add the eggs, scramble until fully cooked. Remove them from the pan and set aside.
- Add the PAOW pieces and sauté until golden brown on all sides. Remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter into the pan. Add carrots and onion to the pan and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add in the cold rice and peas and sauté for 3-4 minutes. The rice should brown up a bit.
- Add the eggs and PAOW back to the pan and stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
- Serve immediately topped with a sunny side-up egg and sliced scallions for garnish.