16 oz PAOW!™ Pieces (diced)
5 cups water
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon pickling spice
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 leaf bay leaf
1 can of beets
1 medium onion
2 tablespoons oil any neutral flavored oil will work
4 cups potatoes Diced (Frozen or fresh)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Make a flavored brine by adding 5 cups of water, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tsp pickling spice, 1 tsp mustard and 1 tsp coriander seeds, a bay leaf, and 1 small beet to a medium-sized pot.
- Boil the brine for about 10 minutes to get the spices to release flavor.
- Add the PAOW! Pieces diced.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes and then turn off heat and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Pour the PAOW! Pieces in a colander and let it drain well.
- Put some oil in the bottom of an iron skillet or nonstick skillet and fry until slightly crispy. Remove from heat and set aside
- Sauté a diced onion over low heat in 2 tbsp oil for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Then add 4 cups of diced potato to the onions.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Stir frequently with a spatula flipping the potato hash to cook it through. This will take about 10 minutes depending on if you use fresh or frozen potatoes or the size of the potatoes. Once they have a crisp to them.
- Add the PAOW! Pieces to the skillet and mix well.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins