2 cups PAOW! Pieces or PAOW! Light Pieces
1 tsp extra light olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
3/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1 large jalapeño, seeded and ribs removed, diced
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 tablespoons southwest seasoning
1 (28 ounce) can crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
1 cup corn
1 (15 ounce) can of pinto beans, pureed with liquids
1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Shuck all 5 ears of corn. Run a sharp knife down to remove the kernels. Set aside.
- In a small pot add the PAOW! with water and simmer for 20 mins. Strain, cool down, chop and reserve for later.
- In a heavy, medium pot over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Add the onion and ginger and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeño and continue to cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the spices and stir. Add the vegetable broth to the pot along with the kernels from the cobbs and stir. Increase the heat to bring to a boil. Reduce to medium low and simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
- Remove the corn cobs and discard. Allow the soup to sit, uncovered, to cool for 20 minutes.
- Add the soup to the blender, make sure you are working in batches, and blend for 45 seconds until silky.
- Return the blended soup to the pot over medium heat. Add the PAOW!, coconut milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat just until warmed through.