2 PAOW! Burger Patty
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
2 tbsp ground cumin
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1 ½ cups vegetable broth
1 (15oz) can petite tomatoes
1(16 oz.) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- Add the olive oil to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the PAOW burgers to the pot. Break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the PAOW! is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, sugar, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne. Stir until well combined.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes (with their juice), drained beans, and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Bring the liquid to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.